Dolphin Research Center
58901 Overseas Highway
Grassy Key, FL 33050
DRC is a not-for-profit education and research facility dedicated to teaching, learning and caring for marine mammals and the environment we share. We are home to a colony of Atlantic Bottlenose Dolphins and California Sea Lions.
- Assist in medical procedures, treatments, and monitoring animal health.
- Assist in coordination and administration of treatment plans.
- Collect diagnostic samples and perform routine laboratory procedures (cytology, microbiology, hematology)
- Clean and maintain medical equipment.
- Organize and maintain inventory of supplements, medicines, and medical supplies.
- Maintain accurate medical records, procedures manual, and government documentation.
- Collect and analyze data from medical and husbandry records.
- Research sources and specifications of drugs, supplies, and equipment.
- Participate in assessment and rescue of manatees.
- Assist in necropsies.
- Assist in administrative duties including budget preparations, note taking, and correspondence.
- Position requires a highly motivated, energetic, versatile, and flexible team player, with a BS or BA, certification as a veterinary technician, or equivalent experience.
- Excellent technical, organizational, interpersonal, and communications skills a must.
- Computer skills a must (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Requires attention to detail and a strong desire to learn.
- Must be able to manage own time, work independently, and have the ability to identify and solve problems of varying scope and complexity.
- As with any position in the medical field, hours must be flexible and based on the needs of the animals.
- Must be able to work weekends and more than eight hours per day.
- Experience in radiology and ultrasonography a plus.
- Interest or experience in complementary/alternative therapies also a plus.
- Must be physically fit and comfortable working in the water.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
DRC currently offers medical benefits, life and disability insurance plan, a 401(k) retirement plan, flexible spending accounts, employee assistance program, paid holidays, vacation, sick, and overtime, as well as personal growth and training opportunities. DRC seeks to provide for the well being of its employees and our salary combined with our generous benefits creates a competitive total package that is right for our environment.
To be considered for this position, please submit a cover letter, resume and a completed DRC application.
Dolphin Research Center is an equal opportunity employer