The Wellness Clinic Manager is charged with managing the business activities of the existing Maryland SPCA Wellness Clinic. Responsible for hiring, training, and proper performance of all client services and veterinary technician staff. Individual will maximize delivery of services in accordance with the organization’s goals and mission by having direct authority and decision making responsibilities over all aspects of the wellness care practice. In addition to these responsibilities and in collaboration with the director team, the manager will oversee the establishment and management of a second Wellness Clinic location in the city of Baltimore.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees all client service activities. Implements strategies to improve the client/patient experience.
- Works closely with veterinarians, ensuring that clinic staff supports their efforts.
- Analyzes patient throughput and scheduling activities. Develops and implements strategies to maximize efficiency and client satisfaction.
- Develops and maintains appropriate inventory system, staying within budget while ensuring clinic has required items on hand.
- Controlled substance ordering, tracking, security and destruction within DEA regulations.
- Handles client complaints and resolves client communication issues.
- Works closely with Director of Communication and Marketing to ensure community awareness of services offered and charitable programs.
- Ensures proper use of veterinary software; provides business reports as needed.
- Maintains relationship with and oversee services of online pharmacy “Vets First Choice”.
- Recruits, interviews and hires clinic staff members. Plans and schedules for optimal staffing to ensure maximum productivity and service.
- Plans, organizes and facilitates regular team meetings.
- Supervises staff members and acts as the direct authority regarding performance, disciplinary procedures, discharging and all the legal responsibilities of employment.
- Mediates personnel problems, maintains staff member morale and motivation.
- Completes regularly scheduled performance reviews to maximize team member potential.
- Develops and maintains staff training program.
- Establishes hospital standard operating procedures (SOPs) and training protocols for all staff members.
Daily Hands-on Responsibilities:
- Assists Director of Veterinary Medicine in the management of the veterinarian schedules.
- Monitors efficient hospital flow.
- Assists with reception duties including but not limited to: answering and triaging client phone calls, scheduling appointments and procedures, check-in of clients, filling prescriptions, discharging clients.
- Assists with veterinary technician duties such as animal handling, surgery monitoring, and vaccine administration, if required to do so.
- Assists in cleaning the hospital as needed including but not limited to: keeping reception desk area and lobby clean and sanitary, taking out the trash and recycling, laundry, cleaning floors, bathrooms, and exam rooms if needed.
- Processes payment transactions, returns, client account adjustments.
- Maintains proper documentation in the electronic medical record.
- Provides financial data to Accountant and Director of Operations.
- Ensures cash management compliance.
- Manages accounts payable; pays vendors in an accurate and timely fashion; maintains good relationships with our vendors and pharmaceutical reps.
- Analyzes and reports key financial indicators. Develops strategies to address trends.
Establishment and management of second Wellness Clinic:
- Will work with director team on the establishment of a second wellness clinic in the city of Baltimore.
- Will work with architect on layout of new clinic.
- Responsible for outfitting new clinic with veterinary equipment, supplies and staffing.
- Will work with director team to determine scope of services and best business practices.
- Will provide all of the essential management duties as listed above for the second wellness clinic.