We are currently seeking a California-licensed veterinarian with a minimum of 2 years experience to join our amazing staff! The ideal candidate is a skilled communicator and enjoys engaging with clients and peers to provide the best client and patient care available. Surgical skills, exotics, or ultrasound experience a plus. He or she will work in our general practice clinic providing high-quality care to our patients, educating clients, and performing surgeries. The clinic is fully equipped with state-of-the-art equipment including digital radiography, ultrasound and new dental equipment. We have a high end clientele who expect complete work ups on their pets.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Examines, treats and consults client animals
- Adheres to established policies and procedures
- Performs surgical procedures on an as needed basis including, but not limited to, ovariohysterectomy, orchiectomy/castration, tumor/mass removal, and hernia repair and tooth extractions
- Performs various surgical procedures as needed, to include limited orthopedic and ocular procedures
- Provides necropsy services when needed
- Ensures that proper medication and treatment is administered by veterinary staff as directed
- Works cooperatively with the veterinary clinic manager and staff veterinarians in the development and implementation of goals, policies and procedures related to the veterinary practices of the veterinary clinic
- In-house equipment includes ultrasound, critical care monitoring equipment, isolation ward, and fully equipped surgical suites
- Working with state-of-the-art equipment including, but not limited to; digital radiography, idexx new top of the line machines (for in-house blood work), high-tech ipads for blood work and x-ray imaging
- Other duties as required
Skills & Competencies:
- Excellent surgical skills, including, but not limited to, spay/neuter, dentistry, soft-tissue and limited orthopedic.
- Ability to balance medical and financial priorities with the clients of the veterinary clinic.
- Ability to work independently, exercise good clinical judgment, provide supervisory support of technical staff and use diplomacy and tact in dealing with internal and external customers
- Knowledge of preventive medicine
- Familiarity with Avimark software a plus.
*Please email resume and cover letter for consideration.*
Job Type: Full-time
Required license or certification: