Clarke Animal Hospital in Spring Lake, MI seeks an Associate Veterinarian to join our caring and enthusiastic team!
We strive to make our work environment fun, flexible, and family oriented by offering great hours, and benefits. We are committed to providing quality care in a compassionate manner. The ideal candidate for this position is a doctor who has excellent client communication skills, the ability to work effectively with fellow team members, and is committed to providing the highest standards of care. Part-time or full-time hours available.
More information at www.clarkeanimalhospital.net
ABOUT THE HOSPITAL:
- Digital Dental x-ray
- In-house laboratory as well as Idexx referral lab
- 2 table surgery suite
- Large boarding facility
We are just minutes away from beautiful Lake Michigan, with many state parks offering hiking, boating, fishing, cross country skiing, and much more. We are 40 minutes from Grand Rapids and all the city life has to offer.
In addition to the responsibilities outlined below, the Associate Veterinarian is an invaluable member of the hospital team who works directly with a Managing Doctor and supporting medical staff. This individual advances the quality of medicine in the practice and provides exceptional client service to our clients and patients.
- Builds rapport with clients by gathering information and listening to, and empathizing with their concerns
- Performs physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures that deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
- Communicates with clients on topics such as pet diagnosis, treatment plans, preventive health care, and nutritional needs.
- Maintains client/patient medical/surgical records and makes certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols.
- Stays current on new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine.
- Assists in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
- Presents a positive image of the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
Skills and Basic Qualifications
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or related degree from an accredited university.
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the state in which applicant is to be employed.
- Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding veterinary code of ethics.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Works collaboratively with hospital team members.
- Makes decisions confidently and effectively.
- Manages time and tasks appropriately.
- Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients.
- Commitment to ongoing educational development and growth
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.