Bogey Hills Animal Hospital in St. Charles, MO is seeking an experienced Associate Veterinarian to join our enthusiastic and compassionate team!
Bogey Hills Animal Hospital is located in St. Charles, Missouri, a suburb of the St. Louis metropolitan area. We are a small animal hospital providing primary care, dentistry and surgery for dogs, cats, and pocket pets, which has been serving the community for over 30 years. If you are a go getter with strong medical skills and a desire to learn new things we want you to be a part of our practice and community. We pride ourselves on the level of customer service we offer and value the clients feeling like they are part of our family.
More information at http://www.bogeyhillsvet.com
ABOUT THE HOSPITAL
- Hospital has four exam rooms, treatment area, well stocked pharmacy and grooming.
- Paperlite medical records with AVIMark system.
- In house laboratory utilized for blood chemistries/electrolytes, CBC, complete urinalysis, and ELISA tests. Full service external clinical and pathology laboratory also used.
- Digital x-ray for efficient production of high-quality images.
- Three isoflurane anesthesia machines for surgery and dentistry. Pulse oximetry, ECG, and Doppler blood pressure available for monitoring.
- Dentistry with Digital Dental X-Ray and high speed, water-cooled drill and ultrasonic scaler.
- MyLab5 ultrasound machine.
- Closely supervised treatment area with IV pumps and incubator.
Historic St. Charles, located along the Missouri River, is a family-friendly, Midwestern suburb just minutes from St. Louis. Experience shopping, eateries, and festivals on Main Street St. Charles, a cobblestone lined street from the 1700s. Outdoor activities include fishing, boating, and the Katy Trail, a state-wide trail for cycling and hiking starts here. Many cultural and entertainment attractions are located in nearby St. Louis, including the Arch downtown and Forest Park with its highly-rated zoo. Many churches and social organizations support the community. St. Charles county area is great for families with nearby neighborhoods rated among the best cities to live, low cost-of-living and excellent schools.
In addition to the responsibilities outlined below, the Associate Veterinarian is an invaluable member of the hospital team who works directly with a Managing Doctor and supporting medical staff. This individual advances the quality of medicine in the practice and provides exceptional client service to our clients and patients.
- Builds rapport with clients by gathering information and listening to, and empathizing with their concerns
- Performs physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures that deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
- Communicates with clients on topics such as pet diagnosis, treatment plans, preventive health care, and nutritional needs.
- Maintains client/patient medical/surgical records and makes certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols.
- Stays current on new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine.
- Assists in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
- Presents a positive image of the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
Skills and Basic Qualifications
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or related degree from an accredited university.
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the state in which applicant is to be employed.
- Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding veterinary code of ethics.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Works collaboratively with hospital team members.
- Makes decisions confidently and effectively.
- Manages time and tasks appropriately.
- Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients.
- Commitment to ongoing educational development and growth
- 1 - 3 years experience required
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.